Thursday, March 1, 2012

double digits baby! That goes for contractions too!

99 DAYS... Ok actually today I have 98 days left but when I was going to write this post yesterday something happened & I had to wait till today. What happened you ask? Oh you know I just had to go and get strapped up to a machine to check on the contractions I've been having the past 3 weeks. No biggie! :)

So here is my long story made short. I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions for the last 3 weeks every day. I thought this was normal. Well when I called my OB yesterday to inform her, she did not think this was normal for someone who is 26 weeks. OF COURSE! So I had to go get checked and after 4 hours of monitoring, an exam (UNCOMFORTABLE), blood work, IV of fluids, and around 15 contractions later they found out I have an infection that is causing the contractions. I have NOT dilated & am in NO danger of going into labor anytime soon. So all you worry warts stop worrying. I do not need a call asking me if I am sure! :) I got a nice shot in the butt to get rid of the infection and am on pelvic rest & had to take a day off from work to kind of take it easy and let the medicine do its thing! This infection most likely is from the sinus stuff and wheezing I had going on 3 weeks ago. You know, the same time I started having the contractions every day! WHOOPS!

Let me just tell you it was quite comical. I may not be a worrier but Troy IS!!! I had a small moment of panic when they first told me to go to L & D AND Troy wasn't answering his phone but I was good after that small moment. Troy was not a happy camper though. He just sat there watching the screen. Well as soon as the exam was done and showed I was not in danger of going into labor his WHOLE attitude changed. He was up tapping his feet, taking pictures, and just plain being annoying! lol It was cute though! He confessed that he was glad he saw that I was having contractions cause he thought I was just mistaking contractions for something else. He got a good stink eye for that one! Don't worry, he apologized! :)
Troy thinking he is funny!


Well after that ordeal, I am kicking things into gear starting this weekend! Getting this nursery finished!!!! Ok we actually already planned to do a lot this weekend (after we get back Saturday from our anniversary night in Dallas) but this definitely will keep me motivated. And don't worry, I will not do too much. I'll just supervise Troy! ;)

Oh and did I mention that the nurse said I had some of the prettiest pee she has ever seen! Yep thats right. I have pretty pee!

All's good! Just ignore how I look though!!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE:
    Talked to my wonderful doctor today and she was not happy about me having so many contractions yesterday. Especially 2 minutes apart. I didn't realize how informed they were keeping her. Anyways she's hoping my antibiotic will work in the next 24 hours. If Im still having contractions then I gotta call her. Please no medicine please!!! Oh and she said I was drinking TOO MUCH water. Crazy huh? Thats why my pee is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete