Monday, February 13, 2012

It's a BOY...Part 2

Ok so I almost forgot all about Part 2. If you have never been pregnant before, let me just tell you something. You get quite dumber during pregnancy. I know people call it pregnancy brain but thats just sugar coating it. I don't remember NOTHING!!!! Like I walk in another room to look for something and before I even get out of the one room I have already forgotten. So on my way home I remembered I needed to write this post tonight and I started thinking back on everything. Oh and I just started CRRRRYYYIIING! Of course now I can't remember what was so good about the story that it made me cry... Dang! Ok well I will try to remember for ya....

So after finding out I was pregnant I was just so ecstatic that thinking about the baby being a boy or girl didn't even cross my mind. All I could think about was "I can't believe the Lord has finally answered my prayers!!!" When people started asking me what I wanted I instinctively in my head just thought "I am just so thankful to be pregnant that I don't care." Well the more people asked me the more I started thinking about what I wanted. I felt horrible even thinking about wanting one gender over another. My heart always leaned towards girl because that is just what I always prayed for. When reading the scripture in Psalm about trusting in the Lord and delighting yourself in Him and He will give you the desires of your heart, I would aways pray for a little girl. I will have to say that one reason I was so determined to have a little girl is because well first they are so stinking cute, but also because everyone talked about imagining Troy and I with all girls and in the Tuttle family there has only been 1 girl born per generation. When I was told that while Troy and I were engaged (there was already the 1 girl born) I remember praying and telling God "Ok I know you don't work that way Lord. I am believing that you will give me the desire of my heart!" Well of course anytime I thought of nurseries or names or anything baby related it was always BOY.

 One day I was driving home on 287 in Midlothian and referred to the baby as a him like I had done quite a bit while praying. I started crying at the thought of having a boy. And then I started crying even more that I was crying about having a boy and I felt so horrible. Then all the sudden this wave of peace just washed over me. I felt like God was saying "Camille! It doesn't matter what this baby is! You will love him or her with everything you have. They will be anointed & do something great in my name." At that moment I just knew I was going to have a boy! ha I don't know why that told me a boy but I can remember just coming home, continuing to feel that peace, and walking straight in the door and laying on the couch listening to worship music. I finally got up off the couch and started googling boy stuff! lol From there on out I hardly even thought about having a girl. I just "knew" this baby was a boy.

About a week before we found out what we were having, Troy was getting ready for bed and asked me what I thought we were going to have. This was only like our 10th conversation on this. haha  When I said boy he said "Well I've been praying for a girl." When I asked him why, cause I knew he really wanted a boy, he said "Because I know how much having a girl means to you and I really want God to give you the desire of your heart." Don't you wish you had a hubby like mine? I mean it just was so sweet! I told him again about my "feeling" of the baby being a boy and that I felt that God had given me a peace about it either way.

When we went to the doctor a week later I got a ultrasound even though I was only 16 weeks pregnant because I was going to a new doctor. WHO I LOVE BY THE WAY!!! LIKE, SERIOUSLY LOVE HER! :) Anyways during the ultrasound I said "He really likes to move. He is so active. Oh I am so sorry, I don't know why but I just keep calling the baby a he." She didn't say anything for about 20 seconds and then she responded with "So what is HIS name going to be?" Troy & I looked at each other and we just kept saying "It's a boy?" And we giggled alot. And then I cried alot. They were very happy tears!!! I couldn't even begin to explain how excited I was. While my doctor finished up my ultrasound, I couldn't help but think back to that day, just a month or so earlier where I felt like God had gave me this peace about having a boy. And then I cried more! :) I would love to blame all the crying on pregnancy hormones but I have actually cried less since becoming pregnant! :/ ha

We had a gender reveal party the next night and had a fun time telling everyone our surprise with cupcakes that had blue icing inside. There are pictures under the "Pictures of Cambrick" link.

What's it gonna Bee? was our theme
Me posting on FB & mom being goofy with the cupcake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment